среда, 24 мая 2017 г.

Need for Privacy


I have French doors off my master bedroom that look out over a public golf course I was in need of privacy but didn't want to block the light. I tried using curtain panels but the got in the way every time I opened and closed the doors.


Before. I saw where you can add fabric to walls using liquid starch. Its not permanent and washes up using soap and water. So why not windows!
Finding liquid starch was a problem. Guess what you can make you own. The formula is 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water. Mix and add 1 1/2 cups HOT water.


need for privacy curtains masterbedroom temporary, bedroom ideas, home maintenance repairs, how to, reupholster




The after! I used less than 1 yard lace fabric at a cost of $5 per yard. The cornstarch was a $1.
1st I cut the fabric to fit the panels. 2nd mixed up my starch mixture. Use a brush to paint starch on window be generous. Then lay on your fabric. Then add more starch on top of fabric with brush. Use a credit card, fingers to position. Let dry!
The 2 tablespoons of corn starch will dry clear. I used 4 tablespoons of cornstarch and my Windows are more opaque.
I left the top and bottoms panes alone for a reason. This way my dog and I can still look out. I love the look! It reminds me of the old dressing screens you see in the movies!


need for privacy curtains masterbedroom temporary, bedroom ideas, home maintenance repairs, how to, reupholster




Give it a try! It's fun, easy and priced right!


need for privacy curtains masterbedroom temporary, bedroom ideas, home maintenance repairs, how to, reupholster





Original article and pictures take http://www.hometalk.com/11841349/need-for-privacy-curtains-masterbedroom-temporary site


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий